Switch your Cat’s Diet to Raw Food Today!
Felines or cats are natural carnivores and therefore, can easily feed on raw meat. However, the processed food companies have marketed their products in a way that pet owners are somehow convinced to feed kibble to their cats. Whereas in reality, cats, even pet cats, can feed on raw food.
Thus, if you have been feeding your cat kibble, now is the time to make a switch. Go through this blog for benefits and transition to raw food for your cats.
Transitioning to Raw Food
Cats are carnivores and hence, their digestive systems are meant to break down raw meat. Moreover, their digestive tract contains a few special enzymes that can digest raw meat better than humans. Even pathogens found in food can easily pass through a cat’s body without harming it. Hence, switching your cat’s diet to raw food can be the best idea.
Feeding your cat raw food makes it healthy by providing:
- Essential vitamins
- Fatty acids
- Amino acids
Once you begin feeding raw food to your pet cat, you can observe some excellent results in terms of their overall health. A few of them are:
- Small and firm stools
- Shinier fur
- Strengthened immune system
- Reduced or cured allergies
- Cleaner teeth
- Smell-less litter boxes
Tips for a Smooth Transition to Raw Food
You can follow these tips for a smoother transition.
1. If your cat is an over a year old and healthy, then try putting them on a fast for about 12 hours before giving them raw food.
2. If your cat is not used to cold food, then allow the raw food to come to room temperature until it adjusts to it. Once it accepts cold food, you can serve it straight out of the fridge.
3. Cats cannot produce Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, therefore, add fish oil to their meal to complete their balanced diet.